"It's been pretty busy down here since we finished Relief on Friday.
I'm now working nightshift and although the 'box' has been here for almost a week, it's been a battle to get time to sort things out.
We'd fitted it to a similar tractor in Rye before it was shipped but a few modifications were required to the tractors here to provide power, and to allow the fitting of two rear links etc.
I finally had this afternoon to finish things and after carefully checking connections etc. we powered everything up and away we went. I was ably assisted by 'Shifty' my co-night-worker.
We initially tried without the rigid link, but at ~3m depth the box was lifted and we had to insert the link.
We only went to ~5m but all went well - quite a lot of vibration in the last 2m and readings of up to 4.5MPa - yet to cx the data.
Cone offsets appeared stable and consistent at start/finish. I had some fears of the cone/rods freezing in, but no problems thus far.
We've kept the rig on the tractor, and I should be able to do some more testing tomorrow.
Thank you to everyone who's contributed to getting the equipment and me down here.
Although there's not too much to analyse just yet, a successful first test is a great start!
Best wishes to you all,